Preparing for Principalship
Coaching through the Leadership Incubator Programme
The move from Vice Principal to Principal is a significant one. Preparation for the position of Principal is difficult as it is hard to fully understand the exact nature of the role until you are actually in post. Many training courses designed to prepare senior leaders for Principalship are mostly theoretical in structure. Recognising the need for a ‘coaching’ model the Aspirations Academies Trust have developed a ‘Preparing for Principalship - Coaching through the Leadership Incubator Programme’ to help potential Principals to become ‘role ready’.
The ‘Preparing for Principalship - Coaching through the Leadership Incubator Programme’ provides one secondary and one primary placement each half-term and is based in Feltham, West London.
The features of the programme are:
• Two days a week secondment in a primary or secondary academy for a half-term period.
• Experience of a Senior Leadership role in a different academy for the two days a week.
• Coaching provided by the Principal and Executive Principal
• Weekly 1 to 1 coaching sessions
• Specific project development in the academy.
• Reflective tasks.
• Assessment against the ‘Preparing for Principalship - Coaching through the Leadership Incubator Programme’ assessment criteria.
• Identification of areas for development and an action plan to prepare you for Principalship.
For further details please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org