Aspirations has developed into a medium sized Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) over the past seven years. This growth has brought with it stronger governance, a larger central team and a more sophisticated operational structure. This growth has gone well, with the Trust and its schools performing and developing to a good standard.
As we prepare to open two brand new Livingstone Academies we have been researching some of the best curriculum and organisational design in schools globally, particularly in the USA, and this has led us to revise significantly our plans for the future of the Trust. Thus, we have devised a five year plan that will enable us to improve the current education system and provide pupils with quality education that will prepare them for the new world of work.
A Five Year Plan
The purpose of a five year plan is to provide a framework that is clearly understood by all and guides everyone associated with Aspirations towards the achievement of our shared targets.
- 100% of our students achieve skilled employment or move onto higher level training
- 100% of learning is challenging and engaging
- 100% of students leave school with the confidence to take action, demonstrated by their flourishing in the workplace
These targets are achieved by:
- The development of 21st century skills through a relevant and engaging curriculum
- An education provision that is continuously improved through local, national and global research and influence
- The development of a highly trained and motivated teaching and support staff team
- A Trust organisational structure that provides the capacity to support, develop and challenge
Core Principles and the delivery framework:
We are developing an educational framework that delivers high aspirations, high levels of academic performance and the development of the skills required for success in the 21st century workplace: No limits: Education for success in the 21st century
The core principles of this framework are:
- Self-worth, Engagement, Purpose
- High expectations
- Innovation and Enterprise
- Challenge and Engagement
- Talent Development
- Makers and Creators
- With big dreams and hard work anything is possible
Find out more about our Five Year Plan here.
Find out more about the Aspirations Vision here.