Post: Teacher of Maths with possibility of TLR for additional Responsibility (Ref MAG63)
Full Time – September 2021
Highly competitive salary (MS/UPS & negotiable TLR for experienced candidate)
At Magna Academy we have a team of dedicated people who are all working together to achieve our mission of preparing our students for success in the 21st century. Our academy is a vibrant and exciting place to work and was graded as outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in December 2018. We are proud that our outcomes and progress are very strong across the academy.
The successful candidate:
We are looking to recruit an exceptional candidate to the role of Teacher of Maths to join our team at Magna Academy. This will provide an exciting and challenging opportunity for an NQT or ambitious practitioner wishing to further develop their career, to build upon the existing track record of success within our Maths Department and make a real impact on further driving up attainment and progress in Maths.
We are looking for a highly motivated, outstanding classroom practitioner with a strong presence, who is ambitious for students, their colleagues and the academy. They will be an excellent teacher of Maths, who has a passionate belief in the ability for all to succeed. They will be a conscientious and enthusiastic team player who will be joining a vibrant department.
The successful candidate will be able to offer engagement, stretch, support and challenge to all learners. They will be able to accurately assess the progress and achievement of students, groups and cohorts and provide appropriate provision to ensure progress of all is maximised.
Ultimately, we are looking for a committed teacher with an uncompromising belief that all students deserve an outstanding education. They will uphold our inclusive ethos and provide opportunities for all students to progress well.
What we offer:
- Bespoke support and line management from an experienced Assistant Principal
- Professional progression opportunities
- Great students who conduct themselves impeccably
- Strong systems and structures meaning students feel safe and secure
- Measures to reduce staff workload such as centralised detentions and a sensible feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – we do not have onerous/impossible marking policies
- A centralised homework system at KS3
- No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop – we believe that trusting our staff with autonomy helps to develop a strong ‘develop and excel’ culture
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources
- CPD starts as soon as you are appointed and is ongoing
- State of the art facilities and a very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset
Magna Academy Poole offers an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, talented individual looking to develop their career. Ordinarily, we would be delighted to show you around our academy in order to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment, however due to the current exceptional circumstances this will unfortunately not be possible. If you do have any questions about the role before you apply then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
Please complete an application form and return to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: midnight Sunday 18th April 2021
Interviews: Thursday 22nd April 2021
Magna Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post.